Tuesday 14 January 2014

The New Name in Yaoi Manga Interviewed Today



Interview with Ero Pinku

Hello all, it is a great honour for me to introduce manga artist Ero Pinku to Japanreviewer today and congratulate her for her newest work which is featured on the cover of Yaoi Press's latest novel, Tender Master.


Japanreviewer: I noticed a pic of Ulquiorra from the anime Bleach on your website. Are you a fan of some anime, or was it a commission?

Ero★Pinku: It was a bday gift. I like some characters from Bleach but I don't watch so much anime because I need to work while I watch things, I don't have a lot of time. The anime I'm interested in is in Japanese with English subtitles, so I only watch/listen movies in my language recently.



Japanreviewer: Your Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) illustrations are both fun and beautiful. Is that one of your favourite manga, or are there others?

Ero★Pinku: I love Yana Toboso's art style. Is not one of my favourite mangas but I love her pages and illustrations. I prefer BL or some shoujos, I never know which ones to choose as favourites.


Japanreviewer:
Your commissioned work of Claude and Alois is a special one as it is larger than some of the others on your site. It must have been time consuming for you to get the details of the roses in and still maintain a simple look to your work?

Ero★Pinku: It usually depends on what people ask me in their commissions because some people like detailed works and others not. I can create two or three flowers and make brushes with them, something I usually use in works with jewels, flowers, etc. This one was very fast, others have taken more time, maybe it's because this one was about two characters I drew in all a doujin...


Japanreviewer: How long does it take to draw one of your pieces (just out of interest) ^ - ^

Ero★Pinku: I usually try to do them in one day but it depends of the work. Commissions take longer because I need to do the sketch (something I don't usually do, I draw "inking" directly), wait for the approval, and then doing the final work. Color works takes more time than black and white piccus. For shimejis I need three days, they are forty six chibis;;

Japanreviewer: If you were stranded on a desert island, which four albums would you take with you to listen to?

Ero★Pinku: Mmm... I'm not sure, I don't have favourite music albums... but I would take one from Cristian Castro, Ricardo Arjona, SKA-P and  Bee Hive ♥.

Japanreviewer: One of my favourites on your site is your Inferna Fortuna picture for your art book. He reminds me so much of the guy you have on the cover for Tender Master. Was that intentional?

Ero★Pinku: *laughs* Not at all  but I think this is the image I have in mind of demons  ♥ If I need to draw them, I want them like this.


Japanreviewer: Revenge of the Queen is your gift for Inma R. and it has most of your signature traits in it, the roses, the inked look and the tender love you give to your characters when they are in a romantic embrace. What made you want to create this kind of art?

Ero★Pinku: I think the characters asked it *laughs* When I read her manga I feel some strong feelings between these two characters (my favorites) and I needed to draw them like this. Sometimes I think that I'm obsessed with doing only beautiful men but I don't want to change it, I want to draw beautiful things, they make me happy *laughs*



Japanreviewer: When did you come up with the concept for the cover of Tender Master?

Ero★Pinku: This cover was special because I received the instructions for it and the cover of Offered to a Demon to see the characters but... I changed all *blush* I decided to create something by myself and I only kept the color hair of the characters in the end, but the publisher liked it so I'm happy. I usually work better when I have freedom, I don't like it, I should try harder to follow people indications.


Japanreviewer: Have you done covers for any other manga novels?

Ero★Pinku: Yes, I've done others like Snatched Hero, Vampire Slave 1, 2 & 3, the cover of Vampire Slave for the French version, the second cover for Zolabarth Bi, Fantastica 6...


Japanreviewer: Everyone is inspired by an artist - who inspired you early on in your career?

Ero★Pinku: My inspiration was Akira Toriyama with Dragon Ball Z, I have no idea how I ended drawing what I draw *laughs*.



Japanreviewer: Have you ever attended a convention wearing an outrageous anime or manga inspired outfit?

Ero★Pinku: Yes! I love doing cosplay! My first cosplay was Great SaiyanMan ♥


Japanreviewer: What plans have you for artwork projects in 2014?

Ero★Pinku: I would like to finish some things I have started while I was working in the manga Dae-Hyun y el caldero de monedas de oro, published in November. Illustrations and commission are better paid than mangas, it's a shame, so I don't know if I want to earn money or doing stories I always wanted to do *laughs* I prefer to speak about projects when they are going to be release, we will see what 2014 has for me ♥

Goodbye! ( • ㉦ • )ゝ♥

Ero Pinku's artwork can be browsed and bought here:

http://ero-pinku.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment