Wednesday 4 August 2021

FIGURE REVIEW: DRAGONBALL SUPER DRAGONBALL EVOLVE SON GOKU ULTRA INSTINCT

DragonBall Super/DragonBall Evolve Son Goku Ultra Instinct Figure

There are three in this series of poseable action figures from Bandai. With the choice of Golden Frieza, Jiren and Son Goku Ultra Instinct, I found out this was the only one on offer at my local toy store. 

I did think it felt thrilling to see something else other than Sylvanian families and the usual toy store fare. I did notice other more anime/manga stuff creeping in, which is great.

My Son Goku Ultra Instinct figure might be short but he looks the part. I actually tried to get him to pose like he does on on the back of the card, and he does it so well! I guess that could be my first test to see if he's a good enough figure.
Although Son Goku is recommended for 4+ years I have to admit that at first I thought I had to be careful how I moved the joints in his limbs as I could imagine he might snap, but I suppose that's just the girl in me. Once I got used to moving Son Goku around, I found him quite durable. It's fun moving him into poses from the anime!
The figure is well made with attention to detail despite him being small, especially in the face; details such as his eyes and eyebrows and how stunning his anime hair looks in silver all go towards the overall image.Other details are the tear damage in his pants on the knee and upper thigh. 

I've been happily moving him around for several days now and will be photographing him in more interesting and dynamic poses and posting them on my blog and anywhere else I can post them!




No comments:

Post a Comment