Friday 25 December 2020

GLADIATOR REVIVAL BY JOHNNY ZUCKER

Gladiator Revival
Author: Johnny Zucker
Publisher: Ransom Publishing LTD
ISBN: 978-178127-712-6
Reviewed by: Sandra Scholes

When I picked this up at my local book shop, I thought for sure it would be on Goodreads so I could review it on there, but imagine my surprise when I entered the search terms and couldn't find it. There was only one thing to do if I wanted to get my review out there to the sort of audience that needs to know about really good novels young adults will be interested in. I needed to put it on my blog!

Nick and Cat are on holiday in Rome when they go through a portal that leads to another dimension. Is it all in their minds, or have they just stepped into Ancient Rome? 

At first, Nick and Cat think they are on a film set, or have walked into a TV series being filmed, but Carries their trainer says they must fight a huge man called the Beast in the Coliseum as Gladiators. This comes as a shock to both of them as they were supposed to be enjoying themselves with their parents. They realise they will be frantic looking for them and wonder if they will be reunited with them if they survive the Coliseum.

Nick and Cat try to escape but Cassius finds them and makes them fight and win, or die trying. Gladiator Revival left me wondering whether they were in a dream world, but I soon found out the truth once I got to the end of the novel. This is one to watch out for as it's good enough to be enjoyed by both young girls and young tom boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment